Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back!

And back home again. Rose reports Mr. Fergus and Isaac were chasing after each other - "frolicking" even. It is, I'd imagine, a better life for him.

Coming home I spent forty minutes on Bart, two hours and twenty minutes waiting for the plane to take off, four hours in the air, forty minutes getting off the plane and getting my luggage, and then two hours taking the blue line downtown to take the red line to Jarvis. I caught the tail end of the Wednesday night Halo 2 session and then did a bit of "reading" - slate, cnn. Catching up on the news and current events.

I learned a few things on this trip, one of which is marijuana is referred to as "nuggets". Entering Golden Gate park on the east side every couple of minutes someone approached me offering "nuggets", "bud", and "drops". I was walking from McDonalds when someone walking the other way said "you need some nuggets." A couple of gals (also out of towners) explained that he was not in fact talking about McNuggets, but mara-juh-wanna nuggets.

Tuesday night at Simple Pleasures Cafe on Balboa a group of folk musicians were playing. It reminded me of my dear Roe Family Singers in Minneapolis, whom I shan't be seeing at the 331 for a while owing to circumstances. Before stopping there I biked to the beach and stood for about five minutes before heading the other direction. This seems to be a motif in my life.

All in all it was a good trip, much better than last time when I was rushing about seeing landmarks. And now, with a renewed sense of purpose. Show no mercy, do not hesitate, as the saying goes.

No comments: