Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh Brother!

Well, Gene's offer on the house was met with a weird conditional - the seller wanted the inspection to be "only informational". So he backed out. I'm pushing for him to get a place with a nice Fonzie flat for me to camp out in when I'm in Chicago.

I'm starting to dig out from retirement - my skills assessment is pretty much done, I know what I need to work on and learn for the next few months, and I'm almost done getting my equipment set up for Project ******.

Some things I've learned:

- Review, assess, let things sink in, visualize. Doing that reduces the amount of time actually spent stuck in front of the computer dramatically. Take the graph paper pad somewhere peaceful, sketch things out and do thumbnails, draw little flowcharts. Things become easy peasy.

- Working for sandwiches/beer is good. I've really enjoyed the things that have come up in the past few weeks where I was able to solve little problems for other people in exchange for food and liquor. And some interesting problems have been presented that were fun to work on.

No comments: