Monday, November 06, 2006

Just Another Minne Monday

Upon hitting Snelling Avenue I felt like a different person - almost like I had never left. I had expected Dave to be home working on H*****, but he was at Aesthetic Apparatus screen printing posters. On 1st Avenue I walked past someone who looked awfully familiar - "are you a cartoonist?" He was in fact a cartoonist, but I have no idea where I'd seen him before. He hadn't participated in 24 hr, or the cartoonist conspiracy, and didn't know anyone I knew. It was one of those weird things.

The Roe Family Singers were in fine form, and Charlie Parr's playing has stirred my interest in alternate tunings. I got carded pretty seriously, which is kind of baffling as I was wearing my fake moustache which apparently makes me look younger (like a kid wearing his dad's suit jacket) rather than older.

I wonder where your postcard will come from...

1 comment:

Gene Ha said...

Hey Donn,

Can you pick me up a Roe Family CD while you're up there? They're hard to find in Chicagoland.

You're right about the mustache. you'd think it'd make you look like an aging narc, but it does the opposite. You're less narcy.

Gene