Friday, August 24, 2007

Bah.

This whole Minnesota visit has been a series of unknowns and mistimings. As usual, Andrew will be in Chicago while I'm in Minnesota, so visiting him in his new home is off the list. Dave will be in Chicago Monday so I won't be sticking around to play with the Roe Family at the 331 Club. Adam is in Seattle on business? Maybe St. Louis. One of those "S" places. My Friday plans to visit Erickson's new space and cook up the boys at Big Time Attic some fresh fritters are off as well. I'll have to see Tim's new home too at some point - the pictures looked grand.

So, that leaves the State Fair with C., Sunday evening in Albert Lea with Max, Britt and Rachel, and bumming around Nordeast on Sunday with JD discussing sandwich recipes and drinking beer. A stop at Big Brain Comics to bother Mike? Possibly. If you're a fan of talented cartoonists, and who isn't, the folks up in Minneapolis have made a tribute book for Eric Lappegard who recently passed on after an unfortunate accident. The BTA folks have a blog post detailing the details.

It's kind of funny how me and my brother talk about death. I guess it's more direct than how our parents talk about it - they basically don't. "Passed on", "no longer with us". I'm sure when Lynn and Mike reproduce we'll say she's "in a family way". In the latest blight upon Has, Gene's basement flooded. We have obviously angered the Super Supreme Being in some way.

No comments: