Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cards Cards Cards

So I went to the UPS distribution center and they had trouble finding my package (of course) but at least it wasn't as bad as going to the center downtown which apparently is co-run by the Department of Homeland Conspiracies and space aliens. From outer space. After about an hour of waiting I got my cards and they look super spiffy, other than that the "6" in my phone number could be mistaken for an "8". If someone dialed that number they'd get Noodlehead, my evil twin. Or my opposite twin. Maybe he's the good one.

Now I'm taking a lay of the land in terms of what needs to be done. Checking to make sure I understand where things are at, how things are structured, prioritizing, checking to make sure the balance of time is maintained. All very grueling brain work. Plus now that all my equipment is back here I've been getting my office set up so that I can get things done. Things aren't "just right" yet especially the temperature - it could be a little warmer in here (it's about 50 degrees, slightly chilly).

There were no lumpy donuts this morning so I had a chocolate croissant, which wasn't very satisfying. It's an over-sized croissant with a hard, not creamy, chocolate center - like a chocolate bar with padding. My irregular presence in town means that I'm left to the luck of the draw, donut-wise, from now on. It is to cry.

No comments: