Thursday, April 19, 2007

SF: Day Three

So I'm up this morning and head to Starbucks and there's a line that's on the cusp of having to wrap around it's so long. And I says to the lady in front of me "I wonder if the Starbucks down the street is this busy?" I figure her for a geographer there's a big conference of them here.

"Down the street?" she says, and I point in the general direction. Another lady, another geographer apparently, sidles behind us and then another two patrons behind her. We hatch a plan and head down the other ways to the Starbucks which is not more than 100 feet away and the line is a bit shorter but moving much faster. I have some pictures that I'll need to stitch together when I'm back home of a street where there are two Starbucks pretty much directly opposite each other.

I keep on saying "geologist" it's the stupidest thing - I know which one to use but some little imp inside of me is making me say "geologist". Fortunately they aren't insulted but rather take me for some form of simpleton.

Me, I'm heading north to the woods, get some nature. I get very impatient with nature - for the amount of time you have to spend on it there's not that much entertainment value. Hopefully it won't take up my whole day.

No comments: